Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, April 11, 2008

Reading List: Jane Mead, Dorianne Laux, Michael Dumanis

As thesis time gets closer, I've been reading more poetry, as well as writing more.

See my post below for highly understated fawning over Dorianne Laux. Her newer one is Facts about the Moon, but I'm reading What We Carry.

Also reading Michael Dumanis, My Soviet Union -- really original; good stuff.

And Jane Mead, The Lord and the General Din of the World. Some of it's really amazing. I don't think her more recent stuff is as powerful, although she's honed her craft to perfection. But I like poetry with urgency and "teeth."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.