Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, March 4, 2007

A habit of submission

No, I'm not talking about my personality (that would be another blog, which currently does not exist, thankfully :)
But on the digital front, I've found Google's calendar to be a wonderful, magical thing. If I add an event to it, out there in the analog world, the thing in question generally gets done. So it is written...
So if, for instance, I research journals to submit to, in Poets & Writers, which has a great classifieds section (not available in their online edition, it doesn't seem, unfortunately), or from an online resource, and I type something like "Submit to Such-and-Such Journal on Sun., March 3, then, most amazing of all, I will send stuff out on that very same date, electronically, of course (we'll see if this holds up for next month's planned submission, which actually involves a stamp and envelope.)
After years of hopeless slack with respect to trying to publish, it seems incredible how easy it is. Getting accepted, by comparison, seems less than half the battle, especially since it's out of my hands. Once I have something polished to the point where it seems worth the effort, the important thing is to give it an honest try -- am I right, self-help gurus? (This should be a commercial. I could dress like a winsome slacker poet chick and talk about how Google changed my life. Fortunately, I don't think Google makes commercials like that... last time I checked.)

No comments: